The Acme Group consists of three divisions – Acme Mills, Fairway Products and Great Lakes Filters. Collectively, these three companies work in the manufacture and distribution of industrial textiles and fabrics over a diverse range of industries and filtration applications. The Acme Group is a small to mid size family owned business incorporated in 1917 and employs approximately 85 people.
Production Assemblers are involved in the manufacturing and quality of a variety of products including automotive, office furniture and filtration. In addition to operating the industrial sewing machines, the team assemblers will rotate and learn all styles of sewing machines and heat cutting equipment. Assemblers will use multiple styles of sewing equipment, including, Mitsubishi, Juki and other styles of industrial equipment with single and double needle requirements, sergers, overcast and automated sewing equipment.
Production Assemblers are responsible for cleanliness, basic maintenance, checking parts with gages and tools, setting up, loading and adjusting textiles to produce parts to customer specification.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to use hand tools such as scissors, cutting knives and tape guns.
- Ability to use both English and metric systems for measuring (tolerances include +/- 2mm)
Ability to read and interpret documents, such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Strong attention to detail, good math skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self-motivation skills and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement or respond to change.
- Ability to rotate and learn all positions within the assembly department (including inspecting and packing parts), and cross train in the other departments, as needed.
- Examines finished work pieces to verify conformance with specifications according to operator inspection sheet, quality control plans and/or customer notes using instruments such as gauges.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Ensures compliance with corporate and plant safety standards.
- Basic understanding of computers and ability to perform computer functions using company ERP system.
- Must be able to work independently within a collaborative team environment.
Requirements and Qualifications
- GED or High School Diploma
- Pass Drug Screen Test
- Ability to work overtime when needed (up to 10 hour days), including weekends.
The physical demands include sitting or standing for approximately 8-10 hours per day. Must be able to lift or push up to 35 lbs. multiple times per day. Must possess manual and finger dexterity. Demands described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent working conditions (friendly, clean, well lit production floor, kitchen area, etc.)
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vacation, Flexible Benefit Spending, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Matching 401k.