Press Department Operator
Press Department Operators will set up and operate press equipment to customer-supplied specifications while maintaining production by planning and organizing jobs and continuously monitoring quality. The operator will operate a machine which creates quality parts stamped out from industrial textile material. The operators are responsible for cleanliness, basic maintenance, checking parts with gages and tools, setting up, loading and adjusting textiles to produce parts to customer specification.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to use hand tools such as scissors, cutting knives and tape guns.
- Ability to use both English and metric systems for measuring (tolerances include +/- 2mm)
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Strong attention to detail, good math skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self-motivation skills and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement or respond to change.
- Ability to rotate and learn all positions within the press department (including inspecting and packing parts), and cross train in the shipping department.
- Inspects and measures machined work pieces to verify conformances to specifications.
- Examines finished work pieces to verify conformance with specifications according to operator inspection sheet, quality control plans and/or customer notes using instruments such as gauges.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Ensures compliance with corporate and plant safety standards.
- Basic understanding of computers and ability to perform computer functions using company ERP system.
- Must be able to work independently within a collaborative team environment.
- Requirements and Qualificatons:
- GED or High School Diploma
- Pass Drug Screen Test
- Ability to work overtime when needed (up to 10 hour days), including weekends.
- Ability to team lift or push up to 75 pounds multiple times per day, stand 8-10 hours per day, use hands and wrists continuously in a controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects.
The physical demands include standing and walking for approximately 8-10 hours per day. Must be able to team lift or push up to 75 lbs. multiple times per day. Demands described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Production Floor (noisy with some temperature extremes)
The Acme Group consists of three divisions – Acme Mills, Fairway Products and Great Lakes Filters. Collectively, these three companies work in the manufacture and wholesaling of textile fabrics and filtration products across a wide spectrum of industries. The Acme Group is a family owned business since 1917.
Fairway Products offers a competitive wage, solid opportunity, and a career path to success. We offer comprehensive benefits such as medical, voluntary dental, life insurance, short-term disability, 401 (k) program, and wellness programs.